June 4, 2012

[25 before 25] Pinterest Recipe No. 6: Pineapple Whip


via
After a three-hour bike ride, and maybe too much sun, the only thing I want is a huge cone of pineapple whip. It’s true, I could have wandered to every ice cream shop in Grenoble looking for something similar, but without any guarantee of pineapple. And maybe I wanted more than just a tiny scoop.

Everything is in grams instead of ounces, and I’m not exactly sure how “heavy whipping cream” would be translated into French…or if that is even a thing here. There is no crushed pineapple, but the ring-type will have to do. This is the tiny (petit) grocery store, not the big (geant) one, so I can’t find lemon or lime juice. The pineappley taste will have to suffice. I blend it all up and I stick it in the freezer willing myself not to go check on it every five minutes, which would let all the COLD escape.

I used this recipe that I stumbled upon on Pinterest a few months ago as a reference. It's from Prudy at Prudence Pennywise. That is recipe no. 6 made from Pinterest crossed off my [25 before 25] list.

It was better than I expected, but not quite the same as what you'd find in Springfield. I wish I had a picture for you, but we ate it all before that could take place. It was that good.

3 comments:

  1. hope you enjoyed:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI (for future international recipe attempts):

    1 ounce = 30 ml
    1 ml ~ 1 mg (for hydrated ingredients - NOT for light things like powdered sugar)
    So 1 ounce ~ 30 mg

    1 tsp = 5 ml/mg
    1 Tbsp = 1/2 ounce = 15 ml/mg
    1 cup = 8 ounces = 240 ml/mg
    1 Quart = 4 cups = 32 ounces = 960 ml/mg
    1 Gallon = 4 Quarts = 16 cups = 128 ounces = 3840 ml/mg = 3.8 liters
    1 pound = 16 ounces = 480 ml/mg

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a wealth of useful knowledge! :)

      Delete